Tabs

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Week -1 : Ready or not!

         The time has finally come where I am starting to freak out a little, and I believe it that this fact warrants my first ever blog entry. I have less than three days until I leave for India and there is so much to do and so many people to say goodbye too. I still need to call my banks because apparently a 19 year old girl from upstate New York making an ATM transaction in Southern India is a little farfetched. I also need to finish packing and then probably take half of what I packed out so that I don't have to pay the extra baggage fee. As far as my concerns go, my greatest and really my only fear for this trip is that I will either pack too much or too little. I personally think that packing too little would be worse but I am forcing myself to pack light and follow the instructions given to us by the Alliance crew. I've had so much time at home to get ready that I seriously believe that I'm starting to over prepare and over think everything, which results in me putting three more items in my bag every time I think of something new I might miss while abroad.
   Besides preparing to leave, I've spent my winter break enjoying my family, my friends, my boyfriend, my house and of course my pets as much as possible, because I know I'll be missing them all a ton while I'm away. I am very lucky to have such a great group of people who understand why I chose to spend my spring semester in a country so completely opposite from what I am used to.  They understand my obsession with travel and cultures and support me on my biggest and baddest adventure to date, and for that I am beyond grateful.
  I'll try to blog as much as possible while abroad but it may be a while before I gain access to the wifi on campus so please be patient (Mom that means you <3 ).

No comments:

Post a Comment